Alice S. Clark
Alice S. Clark, nee Sarkisian, 86, of Swansea, IL, born Tuesday, September 16, 1924, in East St. Louis, IL, died Monday, October 11, 2010 at her residence.
Alice was a co-owner with her husband of numerous businesses throughout the Metro-East, including coin laundrys, Red Cap Airport limousine services and Breslers 33 Flavor Ice Cream Shop. She was a member of Holy Virgin Mary and Shoghagat Armenian Church. Alice's great pleasures were working in her yard and preparing Armenian food for family and friends.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: Edward L. Clark Jr.
- Parents: Neshan and Narig nee Norsigian Sarkisian
- Brother: Albert Sarkisian
- Great Nephew: Brandon George
Surviving are her:
- Brother: Charles (Lee) Sarkisian of Belleville, IL
- Sister: Bessie Reynolds of Belleville, IL
- Matt (Darla) Reynolds of Belleville, IL
- Robert (Yvonne) Reynolds of Huntsville, AL
- Kevin (Lynda) Sarkisian of Huntington Beach, CA
- Cindy (Randy) George of Belleville, IL
- Karen (Phil) Brucker of Belleville, IL
- Gail Ellison of Roswell, GA
- Natalie (Jeff) Fiala of Mehlville, MO
- Great Nieces & Nephews
- Sister-in-law: Ahngel Sarkisian
God saw you getting tired
and a cure was not to be
so He put His arm around you
and whispered, "Come with Me".
With tearful eyes, We watched you
suffer and saw you fading away,
Although we loved you dearly,
We could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopping beating;
working hands were put to rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us
He only takes the best.
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the St. Jude's Hospital, Shriners Hospital for Children or Hospice of Southern Illinois.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 P.M., Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at the Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL and from 9-11 A.M., Thursday, October 14, 2010 at the funeral home.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 11:00 am Thursday, October 14, 2010 at Kurrus Funeral Home Chapel with Rev. Larry Patton officiating. Interment will follow at Mount Hope Cemetery in Belleville, IL.