Ann B. Newton
Ann B. Newton, nee Hackney, 82, of Smithton, Illinois, formerly of Pontoon Beach, IL born Monday, January 7, 1929, in Wickliffe, KY, died Sunday, November 6, 2011 at her residence.
She was preceded in death by:
- Parents: Jess and Sadie nee Perkins Hackney
- Brothers and Sisters in law:
- Bill (Pauline) Hackney
- Walter (Henrietta) Hackney
- Granddaughter: Kimberly Melton
- Children's Father: Paul Collins
Surviving are her:
- Husband: Ward "Newt" Newton of Smithton, IL
- 4 Children
- Barbara (Robert) Stanley of Lexington, TN
- Richard (Deborah) Collins of Granite City, IL
- Ivan (Janet) Collins of Prescott Valley, AZ
- Carol (John) Huff of Smithton, IL
- Brother: Carl (Christie) Hackney of Granite City, IL
- 5 Step Children:
- Anne (Kevin) Cerny of Belleville, IL
- Jeanne (Thomas Cromwell) Newton of Belleville, IL
- Sara (David Sheppard) Newton of Belleville, IL
- Teresa (John) Marifian of Downey, CA
- Rita (Larry) Wuebbels of Trenton, IL
- Many grandchildren, great-grandchildren, great-great grandchildren
- Numerous nieces and nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the TIP Hospice or the Catholic Urban Programs or St. Matthew's United Methodist Church Redbird Missions Fund
Visitation: Friends may call from 4:00pm-7:00pm, Wednesday, November 9, 2011, at Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL
Funeral: Funeral service will be held at 10:30am Thursday, November 10, 2011 at Kurrus Funeral Home with Rev. Jim Slone officiating. Burial will be held at Holy Cross Cemetery.
Condolences left for Ann B. Newton:
I have known Ann all of my life.
She was a wonderful lady, always had a smile and a kind word, usually included a hug.
My prayers are with her family at this time of sorrow.
Marcie (Roberts) Luckshis Granite City IL 62040
My prayers are with the family at this time of deep sorrow.
May faith sustain you,
Loving memories lift you,
and the prayers of many caring hearts help heal your sorrow.
My love to all.
Betty J Hackney Granite City IL 62040