Darlene Ward, nee Thompson, 84, of Millstadt, IL, born Tuesday, December 29, 1925, in E. St. Louis, IL, died Sunday, November 28, 2010 at St. Anthony's Medical Center in Saint Louis.
Mrs. Ward was a former member of Calvary Baptist Church in Granite City.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: Warren W. Ward
- Parents: Joseph Thompson and Iamo, nee Fellows, Webb
- Son: Ricky Warren Ward
Surviving are her:
- Stephen (Sherdena) Ward of Millstadt, IL
- Pamela (Steven) Saye of Elkhorn, NE
- Norma Buatte of Waterloo, IL
- Mary Albright of Twenty-Nine Palms, CA
- Patsy (Ray) Woolsey of Eldorado, AR
- Steven R. (Carrie) Ward of Columbia, IL
- Matthew Allen of Omaha, NE
- Tricia Allen and husband Kevin Shafer of Lincoln, NE
- Reece Ward
- Rhyan Ward
- Gabriel Shafer
- Gracie Shafer
- Rodney (Nancy) Weisbrodt
- Dennis Weisbrodt
- Dean Weisbrodt
- Extended Nieces and Nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the American Cancer Society.
Visitation: Friends may call from 10:00 am - 12:30 pm, Wednesday, December 1, 2010 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 12:30 pm Wednesday, December 1, 2010 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Jim Robinson officiating. Interment will follow at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, MO.
Condolences left for Darlene Ward:
An angel has went home to the Lord.She was our neighbor for years and like a mom to us and she loved my children and grand children.Darlene was always positive and could lift my spirits in a heartbeat. She will definitely be missed, but never forgot. My prayers go out to the family at the loss they have.
Ron and Wilma Wallace Granite City IL 62040