Verna J. Simpson, nee Hall, 75, of Belleville, IL, born Sunday, July 21, 1935, in Toledo, OH, died Sunday, June 5, 2011 at Rosewood Care Center in Swansea, IL.
Mrs. Simpson worked in the Insurance and Personnel Dept at St. Clair County Courthouse.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Parents: Vernon and Myrtle nee McMillan Hall
Surviving are her:
- Husband: Jack L. Simpson of Belleville, IL
- Son: John Craig Simpson of Belleville, IL
- 3 Daughters:
- Tracy S. Perrings of Omaha, NE
- Lisa M. (Bryan) Vogt of Shiloh, IL
- Pam (Joseph ) Schubert of Belleville, IL
- 7 Grandchildren:
- Tim Simpson
- Julie Simpson
- Chris (Jenn) Perrings
- Sarah (Kyle Brennan) Perrings
- Danielle (Fiance Chris Corrigan ) Vogt
- Joshua Vogt
- Molly Schubert
- Great grandchild: Natalie Perrings
Memorials: Memorials may be made to Hospice of Southern Illinois or American Cancer Society
By her and her family request, cremation was held.
Private Services will be held at a later date.
Condolences left for Verna Simpson:
Craig & Family:
I am sorry to read of Verna's passing. She was a fun lady that I enjoyed knowing during my CSK&Y days. My sincerest condolensces.
Keni Cook Bishop
Keni Cook Bishop McDonough Georgia 30252
Dear Pam, Joe, and Molly, We are very sad to hear about Pam's mom. You are in our thoughts and prayers. I remember her from Blesssed Sacrament Days at all of Molly's events. Love, Mark, Heidi, and Family
Mark and Heidi Gehrs
The Bible makes this comforting promise:"God is near to those that are broken at heart; and those who are crushed in spirit he saves."(Psalm 34:18)It also assures us: Throw your burden upon Jehovah himself, and he himself will sustain you." (Psalm 34:18)also read(Psalm 83:18)