Edward J. Hoffarth
Edward J. Hoffarth, Jr., 81, of Belleville, IL, born Thursday, January 17, 1929, in E. St. Louis, IL, died Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at Relais Bonne Eau in Edwardsville.
Mr. Hoffarth worked as a Foreman for Dixie Feed Mill in E. St. Louis. He also worked at Town Square Retirement Community and Town Hall Archery. He was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church and St. Clair County Anglers Association and was a special deputy for St. Clair County Sheriff's Dept. He served in the Army during the Korean War.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Edward J. Sr. and Katherine R., nee Franey, Hoffarth
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Edna M., nee Hurlock, Hoffarth
- Son: Dan (Pat) Hoffarth of Belleville, IL
- Daughter: Christine (Patrick) Diestel of St. Ann, MO
- Brother: Jack M. (Diana) Hoffarth, Sr. of Belleville, IL
- Amanda Hoffarth
- Alex Hoffarth
- Joe Diestel
- Andrew Diestel
- Alyson Diestel
- Nephew: Jack M. (Collette) Hoffarth, Jr. of Belleville, IL
Memorials: In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Hospice of Southern Illinois.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 pm., Friday, January 14, 2011 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral procession will leave at 12:30 pm on Saturday, January 15, 2011 from Kurrus Funeral Home for a Mass of Christian Burial at 1:00 pm at Saint Mary's Catholic Church, with Msgr. Bill McGhee officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, IL
Condolences left for Edward J. Hoffarth: