Wesley A. Ruffner
Wesley A. "Wes" Ruffner, 87, of Fairview Heights, IL, born Friday, May 25, 1923, in East St. Louis, IL, died Monday, June 14, 2010 at his residence.
Mr. Ruffner was a retired Insurance Agent for State Farm Insurance. He was a life member of East Lodge #504 AF & AM, Ainad Shrine, (Color Guard) and (Patrol), and a Senior Life Member of Scottish Rite Bodies. He also held long time membership in Southern Illinois Court #86 ROJ, Dania and Belleville Shrine Clubs, Moose Lodge 1221, Belleville Elks, Toastmasters and Breakfast Optimist's Clubs. Mr. Ruffner graduated with the class of 1941 from East St. Louis High school and served in the U.S. Army Air Corp from 1943-1946.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: John B. and Mabel nee Herr Ruffner
- Brother: Harold Ruffner Sr..
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Alvera, "Sally", nee Reiniger, Ruffner
- John (Linda) Ruffner of Edmondson, OK
- James H. (Kimberly K. Green) Ruffner of Eureka, MO
- Julie (Rodney) Wilson of Whiteville, TN
- Jeanne Hernandez
- Andrew, Callie and Alex Wilson
- 2 Great Grandchildren: Tyler and Caitlin Nesbitt
- 2 Step Grandchildren
- 6 Step Great Grandchildren
- Dear Nieces and Nephews
The family thanks the Hospice of Southern Illinois for their tender loving care.
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Shriners Children's Hospital.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4 to 8pm, Thursday, June 17, 2010 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL. A Jester walk-through will be held at 7:13pm followed by the Ainad Patrol and the Color Guard and a Masonic Service at 7:30pm.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 11am, Friday, June 18, 2010 at Kurrus Funeral Home. Entombment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, IL.