Wilma "Jean" Crotty
Wilma "Jean" Crotty, 88, of Belleville, IL, born Monday, November 14, 1921, in E. St. Louis, IL, died Saturday, February 20, 2010 at her residence at the Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows Dammert Center.
Miss Crotty graduated from Blessed Sacrament Elementary School, Academy of Notre Dame and Maryville College. She worked for nine years as a blood chemist at Barnes Hospital. She worked as a Business Manager for W.J. Crotty Florist for 40 years. She was a member of Blessed Sacrament Church and a charter member of the Red Cross Motor Corps in WWII. She was a member of Memorial Hospital Ladies Auxillary and was a great golfer and won the St. Louis District Golf Championship.
She is preceded in death by:
She is survived by:
- Parents: Dr. William J. and Florence A., nee Wall, Crotty
- Brother: Thomas J. Crotty
Memorials: Memorials may be made to Althoff Catholic High School or Blessed Sacrament School.
- Brother: William J. Crotty, Jr. of Belleville, IL
- Sister-in-Law: Jeanne Murphy Crotty of New Canaan, CT
- Nieces and Nephews
- William J. Crotty, III of St. Petersburg, FL
- Michael Crotty of Swansea, IL
- Julie (R. Brad) Ringhofer of Swansea, IL
- Elizabeth (Timothy) Thomas of Swansea, IL
- Kathleen (Thomas) Wuller of Belleville, IL
- Mary Clare (John) Foote of South Salem, NY
- Thomas J. (Shari) Crotty, Jr. of Southborough, MA
- Susan (Mark Hamilton) Crotty of New Vernon, NJ
- Margaret (James) MacMannis of Chestershire, CT
- Ann (Jean) Beaudoin of Deerfield, IL
- Carole (James) Fallon of Yarmouth, ME
- Patrick (Jennifer) Crotty of Stamford, CT
- 30 Great Nieces and Nephews
- 4 Great-Great Nieces and Nephews
Visitation: Friends may call from10:00 to 11:15 am, Saturday, February 27, 2010 at the Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows Apartment Chapel.
Funeral: Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 11:15 am Saturday, February 27, 2010 at the Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows Apartment Chapel with Father George Capen, O.M.I. officiating. Private interment will follow at Mount Carmel Cemetery, Belleville, IL.
Condolences left for Wilma "Jean" Crotty: