Gilbert W. "Ward" Hagan
Gilbert W. "Ward" Hagan, 88, of Swansea, IL, born Friday, June 16, 1922, in St. Mary, Missouri, died Friday, September 10, 2010 in Memorial Hospital, Belleville, IL.
Mr. Hagan worked as a Chemical Operator for Monsanto Chemical Co. in Sauget, IL and retired October 31, 1983. He was a WWII Army veteran and a long-time member of Full Gospel Tabernacle Church.
Mr. Hagan moved to East St. Louis as a child and graduated from East St. Louis High School in 1941. He served in the Army in World War II as a cook and was stationed in England. He enjoyed his retirement years traveling, camping, fishing, gardening, and especially cooking big meals for his family on holidays and birthdays.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Gilbert Lloyd and Beatrice Iona nee Buatte Hagan
- Sister: Juanita Campbell
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Corinne Ruth nee Rabe Hagan, whom he married on August 16, 1947
- Pat S. (Wayne) Terrell of Troy, IL
- Linda R. (Dennis) Jones of Troy, IL
- Son: Dale E. (Donna) Hagan of Glen Carbon, IL
- Brother: Roy Lee (Dorothy) Hagan of Hazelwood, MO
- Gail (Mike) Neace of St. Jacob, IL
- Becky Terrell of Troy, IL
- Chad (Chrystal) Jones of St. Louis, MO
- Carrie (Ed) Weber of Troy, IL
- Kristin M. Hagan of Glen Carbon, IL
- Andrew D. Hagan of Glen Carbon, IL
- Dear Nieces & Nephes
The family of Ward Hagan would like to express their thanks to all the staff and friends at Legacy Place of Highland, Hospice of Southern Illinois, Memorial Hospital, and Dr. David Rawdon for all their support and help during this time.
Memorials: Memorials are preferred to the Helen Redman Christian Missionary Association.
Visitation: Friends may call from 3-7 pm Sunday, Sept. 12, 2010 at Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 11 am Monday, September 13, 2010 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Hal Santos officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, IL.