Dorothy J. Beckner
Dorothy J. Beckner, nee Wilson, 78, of Belleville, Illinois, born Wednesday, May 9, 1934, in East Saint Louis, IL, died Wednesday, August 8, 2012 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, Illinois.
Dorothy was a member of Winstanley Baptist Church in Fairview Heights, Illinois, Greatest Mom and Grandma ever! She touched many lives, she visited the sick in hospitals and nursing homes always giving her time and love to everyone. Nicknamed Goose by her loving husband. All of us will truly miss her but know she is in heaven with Jesus, her parents, son Butch and siblings. Best cook ever, always wanted to feed us. Always loved a good long ride and her final long ride to heaven to be with Jesus.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Parents: Samuel Andrew and Sadie nee Lear Wilson
- Son: Elvis "Butch" Beckner Jr.
- Jack Wilson
- Bill Wilson
- Paul Bisso
- Bud Bisso
- Pat Wilson
- Adeline Walker
- Etta Mae Gross
- Hazel Walker
- Tootie Rybacki
Surviving are her:
- Husband: Elvis H. Beckner
- Linda (Don) VanDyke of Belleville, IL
- Deborah (Lanny) Downard of Belleville, IL
- Rhonda (Ronald) Etter of Belleville, IL
- Keith "Wamper" Beckner of Belleville, IL
- Sister: Mary Erlinger of Collinsville, IL
- 4 Grandchildren
- Vicky VanDyke
- Lanny (Angie) Downard Jr.
- Keith Haas
- Kim (Pete) Linsky
- 3 Great-Grandchildren
- Brandon Kettler
- Lana Downard
- Savannah Downard
- Sister-in-Law: Opal Wilson
- Special Nephew: Earl Gross
- Great Friends and Neighbors
- Jack and Annie Kurrelmeyer
- Juanita Malinski
- Lorraine Tauchert
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the American Diabetes Association
Visitation: Friends may call from 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm Friday, August 10, 2012 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 11:00 am Saturday, August 11, 2012 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Wendell Garrison officiating. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens in Fairview Heights, Illinois.
Condolences left for Dorothy J. Beckner:
Our sympathy to Elvis and the family. Dorothy will be missed by all of us in our Sunday School class at Winstanley, as well as others at church.
Jim & Jeanette Houpt Swansea IL 62226