Mary L. Jacobs
Mary L. Jacobs, nee Norris, 76, of Caseyville, IL, born Monday, December 25, 1933, in Thebes, IL, died Monday, April 19, 2010 at St. Paul's Home in Belleville.
Mary shared her life with her husband, Arthur E. "Bucky" Jacobs for 52 years before he passed away on March 11, 2005.
Mary graduated from Belleville Area College with a degree in Business and Secretarial Science, named to the Vice President's High Honors List and was a Certified Professional Secretary. Her education was accomplished during her employment with Equitable Life Assurance Company, from which she retired.
Mary was a member of St. Matthew United Methodist Church, where she was active in the choir, bible study and the New Life Club. She enjoyed reading, playing pinochle with her card club, playing piano, along with dinner trips with the New Life Club and Lift Groups.
Prior to St. Matthew, Mary was the pianist for the Caseyville United Methodist Church for eighteen years. She was an accomplished pianist, which she played throughout southern Illinois with quartets and a weekly program with Wayman Presley. They traveled and played for many area churches on Sunday afternoons, along with the Community Center in Anna, Il every Saturday evening.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: Arthur E. "Bucky" Jacobs
- Parents: Henry and Ruth, nee Pendergast, Norris
- Sister: Billy Jean Adams
Surviving are her:
- Douglas (Francine) Jacobs of Tarzana, CA
- Stuart (Fiancé Traci E. Perkins) Jacobs of Deerfield Beach, FL
- 5 Grandchildren
- Jessa Jacobs of Tarzana, CA
- Ryan Jacobs of Tarzana, CA
- Kyle Jacobs of Collinsville, IL
- Connor Jacobs of Collinsville, IL
- Cole Jacobs of Collinsville, IL
- Special Niece: Teresa (Alan) Stahl of St. Peters, MO
- Special Nephew: David (Jackie) Jacobs of Waterloo, IL
- Great Niece: Mikayla Jacobs
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the St. Matthew United Methodist Church Choir, Lindsey Cemetery, McClure, IL or Animal Rescue & Relief Foundation, Caseyville, IL.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4:00 to 7:30 pm, Thursday, April 22, 2010 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 7:30 pm Thursday, April 22, 2010 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Jim Slone officiating.
Graveside service will be held at 1:00 pm Friday, April 23, 2010 at Lindsey Cemetery, McClure, IL with Rev. Raymond Oxford.