Roger L. Gibbs
Roger L. Gibbs, 69, of Mascoutah, IL, born Friday, December 20, 1940, in Muddy, IL, died Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Mr. Gibbs retired after 20 years with the U.S Army, serving during the Vietnam war. He also was a retired security guard and in charge of outside maintenance at St. Clair Square. He was a member of Parkview Church of the Nazarene in Fairview Heights, IL and the American Legion post #58 Freedom Farm.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Parents: Theodore and Nellie nee Reiley Gibbs
- Numerous Brothers and Sisters
- Step-daughter: Sandra Kay Leslie
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the The Gibbs Family.
- Wife: LaDonna L. nee Schmidt Gibbs
- Kevin L. (Denise) Gibbs of Columbia, IL
- Keith A. (Kathy) Gibbs of Waterloo, IL
- Stephanie Gibbs of Mascoutah, IL
- Step-son: Stevan (Diane) Sickage of Collinsville, IL
- Brother: Charles (Lucille) Gibbs of Eldrado, IL
- Sister: Rose Marie Brown of Norris City, IL
- Brandon Gibbs
- Nathan Gibbs
- Casey Rochette
- Payton Gibbs
- Amber Rochette
- Special Puppy: Sammy
Visitation: Friends may call from 3 to 7 P.M., Sunday, January 31, 2010 at the Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 11:00 am Monday, February 1, 2010 at Kurrus Funeral Home Chapel with Rev. Jay Schoff officiating. Private interment will be held at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, IL.
Condolences left for Roger L. Gibbs: