David H. Thorn, 88, of Belleville, IL, born Thursday, January 27, 1921, in Poplar Bluff, MO, He went to be with the Lord on Sunday, May 10, 2009 at Saint Paul's Home, Belleville, IL.
Mr. Thorn was vice president and production manager for St. Louis Shade Company. He was a member of First Baptist Church, Fairview Heights, IL where he was a deacon and Sunday school teacher.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Wife: Eva M. nee Hargrave Thorn
- Parents: David H. and Zula Mae nee Brake Thorn
- Brother: Elsie Thorn
- Step Sisters: Ruth and Ethel Faughn
- Step Brothers: Ruben and John Faughn
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the First Baptist Church, Fairview Heights, IL Building Fund.
- Son: David Lee (Carol) Thorn of Fairview Hgts, IL
- Matthew David (Amy) Thorn of Cahokia, IL
- Amy Marie (Doug) LeGrand of Belleville, IL
- Great Grandchildren
- Terra LeGrand
- Ryan LeGrand
- Kenedi Thorn
- Jackson Thorn
- Dear Nieces and Nephews
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 P.M., Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 11:00am Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Bryan Webb officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, IL.