Ruby A. Theis nee Darnell, 72, of Millstadt, IL, born Sunday, September 20, 1936, in McClure, IL, peacefully passed with family around her on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at her residence.
Mrs. Theis retired after 36 years at Memorial Convalescent Center after her stroke.
She is preceded in death by:
She is survived by:
- Husband: Edwin Theis
- Father: Adolphus Darnell
- Mother: Thelma, nee Groves Baldwin
- Brother: William Darnel
- Brother: Kenneth Darnell
- Sister: Mary Burcheyette
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Hospice of Southern Illinois or Senior Community Center of Millstadt.
- Fred (Norma) Theis of Kauai, HI
- Robert Theis of Jefferson City, MO
- David (Brenda) Theis of Millstadt, IL
- Pam Haas and Milton Kish of Columbia, IL
- Tina (Eddie) Witt of Troy, IL
- Brother: Larry Bartlett of Jackson, MO
- Vickie (Floyd) Mayberry of Jonesboro, IL
- Debbie Black of Warren, MA
- Scott Theis
- Ryan Theis
- Jeff Haas
- Gloria Theis
- Willie Theis
- Benjamin Theis
- Ashley Wimberley
- Toni Theis
- Brittany Theis
- Candi Haas
- Mindi Haas
- Cassie Witt
- 11 Great Grandchildren
- Dear Nieces, Nephews and Brothers and Sisters-in-Law
Visitation: Friends may call from 3-7 pm on Friday, July 17, 2009, at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 7:00 pm on Friday, July 17, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Eddie Witt officiating and a special reading by Bill Kunkle. Burial at American Legion Cemetery in Dongola, IL at 11:00 am. on Saturday, July 18, 2009.