Robert L. "Bob" Steinhauser, Sr., 97, of Sun Prairie, WI, born in 1912, in East St. Louis, IL, died Saturday, July 4, 2009 in Sun Prairie, WI.
Mr. Steinhauser, Sr. worked as a Treasurer for Ultra Life Lab in E. St. Louis, IL and retired in 1974. He was a founding member of St. Matthew United Methodist Church in Belleville, IL. He formerly resided in E. St. Louis, IL, Belleville, IL and Murphysboro, IL.
A kind and gentle soul, Mr. Steinhauser was man of strong principle and character. He was a devoted husband, father and grandfather. Bob was a self-made man hard at work as an accountant until the age of 85.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Wife: Helen Fay nee McMullin Steinhauser who passed away on March 3, 1973
- Parents: Eugene and Emma nee Uhlorn Steinhauser
- Brother: Clarence Steinhauser
- Brother: Eugene Steinhauser
- Sister: Emma Foster
Memorials: In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Hospice Inc, 5395 E Cheryl Parkway, Madison, WI. 53711
- Son: Robert L. (Lydia Black) Steinhauser, Jr. of Sun Prairie, WI
- Brother: Richard Steinhauser of Wilmore, KY
- Grandson: Robert L. (Amanda) Steinhauser III, of Oceanside, CA
- Grandaughter: Faye Steinhauser of Sun Prairie, WI
Funeral: Graveside service will be held at 2:30 pm Thursday, July 9, 2009 at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, IL with Rev. Robert Souders officiating.