Howard E. Scharf, 81, of Belleville, IL, born Tuesday, March 8, 1927, in Stookey Township, Illinois, died Friday, February 20, 2009, at his residence.
Mr. Scharf was a retired superintendent for Exterior Electric Shop at Scott Air Force Base. He was a WWII Army veteran, member of Concordia United Church of Christ, Belleville, IL, and member of the VFW and American Legion, both in Millstadt, IL.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Parents: William M. and Aurelia nee Ahrens Scharf
- Sister: Shirley Jokisch
He made accomplishments in his life a challenge and was always looking for new projects to begin. Now he has met his final challenge with dignity and courage and so we entrust his care to the Lord.
- Wife of 56 years: Margaret C. nee Hirbe Scharf
- Sandra M. (Jim) Bereitschaft of Millstadt, IL
- Kerry H. (Carla) Scharf of Decatur, IL
- Teresa M. Hagen of Belleville, IL
- Angela (David) K. Rapp of Wildwood, MO
- Cynthia A. Koehler of West Frankfort, IL
- Scott W. (Tammy) Scharf of Millstadt, IL
- Marcella Mayer of Belleville, IL
- Marie (James) Chide of LaMarque, TX
- Ruth (Lester) King of Shiloh, IL
- Kristy Gagnebin
- Jamie Bereitschaft
- Jennifer Howard
- Amy Koehler
- Meghan Scharf
- Caelan Rapp
- Kambria Rapp
- Sophia Scharf
- Great-Grandchild: Cameron Howard
- Many loving nieces, nephews and good friends
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Hospice of Southern Illinois or Donor's Choice.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 P.M., Sunday, February 22 at Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 10:30 am Monday, February 23, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Pastor David Krueger officiating. Interment will follow at Mount Carmel Cemetery, Belleville, IL.