Dorothy E. Ray, nee Brown, 81, of Swansea, IL, born Thursday, July 21, 1927, in Belleville, IL, died Saturday, March 14, 2009 in Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, IL.
Mrs. Ray was a retired executive secretary for the U.S. Air Force as well as a retired office adminstrator for The Boeing Company. She was a member of Swansea Church and 50 year member of Queen City Chapter 697 OES, The National Association of Retired Federal Employees and The Scott Free.
She is preceded in death by:
She is survived by:
- Husband of 56 years: Adolph Ray
- Parents: William Wesley and Florence nee Allen Brown
- Brother: Melvin Brown
- Half Brothers: John F. and Earl J. Holler
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Swansea Church or Shriner's Hospital.
- Brother: Dr. Bill Wesley (Judith) Brown of Willows, CA
- Carol Brown of Santa Clara, CA
- Nancy (Steve) Williams of Redding, CA
- Sharon (Rob) Johnson of Woodland Park, CO
- Marcia Leddy of Lottsburg, VA
- Vivian Tennison of Decatur, IL
- Nephew: David (Jaye) Brown of Palm Harbor, FL
- Cousin: Alice Loesch of Toccoa, GA
- Second Cousins
- Linda (Charles) McGugan of Mt. Airy, GA
- Jo Welkner of Jupiter, FL
- Great Nieces and Nephews
- Karen Williams
- Brian Williams
- April Brown
- Dustin Brown
- Dean Brown
- Erin Johnson
- Christopher Johnson
- Randy Leddy
- Dustin Leddy
- Keely Hitt
- Ex Sister in Law: June (Elvin) Cole
- Imogene (Jim) Newton
- Martha (Harry) Davis
- The Pyeatt Family
- Doris Hill
Visitation: Friends may call from 11-1pm on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 1pm on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Wilson Wickiser officiating. Interment will follow at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, MO.