James L. Rasp, 80, of Belleville, IL, born Sunday, September 30, 1928, in Belleville, IL, died Monday, September 28, 2009 at his residence.
Mr. Rasp was a retired driver for Teamster Local 610 and a grounds keeper at Walnut Hill Cemetery in Belleville, IL. He was a member of St. Teresa Catholic Church in Belleville, IL, Teamster Local 610, V.F.W., bowled on several bowling teams and loved to fish. He was a U.S. Army Korean War veteran.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Father: Eugene J. Rasp
- Mother: Edna M. nee Rist (Rasp) Amann
- Rick A. Rasp
- Christopher M. Rasp
- Brother: Wilmer Rasp
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Hospice of Southern Illinois or Muscular Dystrophy of St. Louis, MO
- Wife: Shirley M. nee Schaab Rasp
- Kathy Rasp of Swansea, IL
- Mark (Susan) Rasp of Belleville, IL
- Shari (Gene) Campbell of Troy, IL
- Robert J. Rasp of Millstadt, IL
- Brother: Orville (Fern) Rasp of Mascoutah, IL
- Stacy Campbell
- Peggy Rasp
- Gene (Tiffany) Campbell
- Heather Rasp
- Jeff Rasp
- Great Grandson due in October
- Audrey Phillips
- Marie Schaab
- Sandra Schaab
- Nieces, Nephews & Cousins
Visitation: Friends may call from 9-12:00 P.M., Thursday, October 1, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 12:00 pm Thursday, October 1, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home Chapel, with Father Nick Junker officiating. Interment will follow at Green Mount Catholic Cemetery, Belleville, IL.