Sharon L. Stallons-Pirtle, nee Nations, 68, of Swansea, IL, formerly of Naperville, IL born Thursday, February 29, 1940, in East St Louis, IL, departed this life on Friday, February 13, 2009 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, IL, after a very long battle with renal failure and heart disease.
Mrs. Pirtle was formerly employed at AT&T Laboratories while living in Naperville. She was also employed as a legal secretary and a former employee of Mercantile Bank (U.S. Bank).
Sharon loved to cook, work sudokus, sing, play cards and games, but she especially loved her family, doting on her three grandchildren who brought much joy to her life.
She was a member of St. Matthew United Methodist Church in Belleville, IL, where she had been a member of the choir. She will always be remembered for her love of singing and the music of Patsy Cline and old-time southern gospel.
She was a former member and volunteer of Mended Hearts, former volunteer of Hospice of Southern Illinois, singer for RSVP Country Band and a member of Sweet Adeline's.
She is preceded in death by:
She is survived by:
- First Husband: Howard Leslie Stallons
- Second Husband: Jerry Lee Pirtle
- Parents: James Terry and Evelyn nee Oakley Nations
- James Lee Nations
- Chuck Nations
Memorials: Memorials may be made to Shiloh Village School District 85 Special Book Fund.
- Daughter: Leslie Elaine (Michael) Tesluk-Ecker
- Mackenzie Lynne Tesluk
- Madison Elaine Ecker
- Grandson: Matthew Alan Ecker all of Shiloh, IL
- Brother, Robert (Rosy) Nations of Fairview Heights, IL,
- Many Nieces & Nephews
- Two very dear friends, Mary Ann Weinhold of Union, MO, who has been like a sister for over 60 years and Ray Uhl of Fairview Heights, IL.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 P.M., Sunday, February 15, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 10:30 am Monday, February 16, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Larry Patton officiating. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, IL.