June A. Payne, nee Morrison, 85, of O'Fallon, IL, born Thursday, January 17, 1924 in East St. Louis, IL died Thursday, May 7, 2009 in Rosewood Care Center, Swansea, IL.
Ms. Payne worked as a secretary for Ludwig/Aeolian in St. Louis, MO. Past employers were Wehmueller Jewelers, St. Clair Center; Keleher Contruction Company/Vantage Homes, Bellelleville; YMCA, O'Fallon. She graduated from E. St. Louis Senior High in Janurary 1942. She was a member of Rob Morris Chapter #98 Order of Eastern Star for 45 years and Fellowship for Christian Singles of Belleville where she was president.
She is preceded in death by:
She is survived by:
- Parents: Robert W. and Beatres I. nee Moody Morrison
- Son-in-law: William J. Wells
Memorials: Memorials may be made to Shriners Hospital for Children.
- Son: Willard M. (Debbie) Payne of Fairview Heights, IL
- Daughter: Carol Wells of Quincy, IL
- Tricia (Luis) deAvila of Seattle, WA
- William Scott Wells of Seattle, WA
- Jason Black of Belleville, IL
- Jeff (Pam) Black of Stauton, IL
- Step-Great Grandchildren: Austin and Carly Jo Black
- Betty Jarrell of Harrisburg, IL
- Thomas A. (Joan) Moody of Leesburg, FL
- Willard J. "Bill" (Sue) Moody of Naples, FL
Visitation: Friends may call from 5-8 pm Monday, May 11, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL with an Eastern Star Service at 7 pm.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 1:00 pm Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Charlie West officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, Illinois.