Lawrence F. Meyer, 80, of Belleville, IL, born Tuesday, April 2, 1929, in Metropolis, Illinois, died Sunday, September 6, 2009 in Rosewood Care Center Swansea.
Mr. Meyer worked as a Engineer for Terminal Railroad for over 30 years and was a foreman for Hayden Construction and Jack Piquard. He was a member of St. Matthew United Methodist Church where he was a bus driver and a volunteer for building projects and a member of St. Clair Lodge #24 AF & AM.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Parents: Frank G. and Carrie nee Brugger Meyer
- Brother: Leonard Meyer
- Brother-in-Law: Buddy Steinkamp
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Hospice of Southern Illinois.
- Wife: Maraline nee Meinders Meyer
- Carolyn (John) Sigman of Belleville, IL
- Brenda (Greg) Souders of Belleville, IL
- Brother: Harmie Meyer of Metropolis, IL
- Sister: Mildred Steinkamp of Metropolis, IL
- Jeff (Shab) Sigman
- Lisa Kokotovich
- Joel (Liz) Sigman
- Cara (Justin) Blevins
- Kimberly Souders
- Jessica Souders
- Great Grandchildren
- Iman Sigman
- Mandy, Madison, and Kayla Kokotovich
- Michael, Taylor, and Jack Sigman
- Drew and Luke Blevins
- LaNell Meyer
- Dorothy Meinders
- Dorothy Greene
- Brother-in-law: Paul (Donna) Meinders
- Dear Nieces and Nephews
Visitation: Friends may call from 4 to 8 P.M., Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, Illinois.and from 9:30 to 10:30am on Thursday, September 10, 2009 at St. Matthew United Methodist Church in Belleville.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 10:30am on Thursday, September 10, 2009 at St. Matthew United Methodist Church, with Rev. Jim Slone officiating. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, IL.