Joel Martin Melton, 79, of Belleville, IL, born Monday, December 30, 1929, in Rolla, MO, died Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Mr. Melton was a self-employed general contractor and retired from Binkley Company, St. Louis, MO. He was a graduate from East St. Louis High School and Ranken Technical School. He was a member of Westview Baptist Church in Belleville, IL, Carpenters Locals 169 and 433, Phelps Co., Missouri Genealogy Society and taught genealogy at SWIC in Granite City, IL, Gideon International and a U.S. Air Force Korean War Veteran.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Parents: Ollis and Vena nee Riden Melton
- Infant Sister: Thelma Louise Melton
- Grandson: Jon Michael Davis
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Westview Baptist Church.
- Wife: Etta M. nee Wagner Melton whom he married October 27, 1951 in E. St. Louis, IL
- Jolene (Jerry) Davis of Collinsville, IL
- Greg (Debbie) Melton of Benton, AR
- Randy Melton of Belleville, IL
- Melissa (Wally) Calhoun of Rincon, GA
- Jill (Steve) Kennedy of Jacksonville, FL
- Brother:Harold (Joyce) Melton of Danville, IL
- Julianne (Chris) Novich of Collinsville, IL
- Jennifer (Jim) Deien of Trenton, IL
- Joshua (Melissa) Davis of St. Louis, MO
- Corey Melton of Benton, AR
- Zachary Melton of Benton, AR
- Wade Calhoun of Rincon, GA
- Alex Calhoun of Rincon, GA
- Brittany Kennedy of Jacksonville, FL
- Chad Kennedy of Jacksonville, FL
- Great Grandchildren
- Jocelynn Novich of Collinsville, IL
- Aiden Novich of Collinsville, IL
- Nieces, Nephews and Cousins
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 pm Thursday, January 29, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 1:00 pm Friday, January 30, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home Chapel with Rev. Ben Pace officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, IL