Gloria S. McKinley, nee Collis, 84, of Belleville, IL, born Monday, June 8, 1925, in Lexington, KY, died Thursday, October 1, 2009 with her family at her side.
Mrs. McKinley was a member of Union United Methodist Church and St. Clair Country Club. She loved to play golf and also loved to sing.
She is preceded in death by:
She is survived by:
- Parents: Harry and Mabel, nee Harding, Collis
- Sister: Mary Ellen Pingry
- Sister: Marcella Jamison
A special thank you to the staff of Hospice of Southern Illinois for their outstanding care and dedication to our mother.
- Husband of 67 years: W. Wayne McKinley
- Son: Steven (Marcy) McKinley of Waterloo, IL
- Daughter: Beverly McKinley of Paducah, KY
- Dr. Marc (Leslie) McKinley of Akron, OH
- Stephanie (Mark) McKinley-Mederiros of St. Louis, MO
- Great-Grandson: Zachary Ramson McKinley
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Union United Methodist Church, Hospice of Southern Illinois or American Cancer Society.
Visitation: Friends may call from 5:00 to 8:00, Sunday, October 4, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.,and 12 noon until time of service at Union United Methodist Church on Monday October 5, 2009.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 1:00 pm, Monday, October 5, 2009 at Union United Methodist Church, with Rev. Ed Weston officiating. Interment will follow at Green Mount Protestant Cemetery, Belleville, IL.