Everett T. "Mac" McGinnis, 88, of O'Fallon, IL, born Monday, January 17, 1921, in Huntsville, MO, died Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, IL with his family at his side.
Mr. McGinnis was a retired Chief Master Sergeant for U. S. Air Force, with over 30 years of service. Project Administrator for Callaway Nuclear Plant and a former Alderman of the City of O'Fallon for 6 years.
He was a member of First United Methodist Church in O'Fallon, IL, Huntsville, MO Lodge #30 AF & AM, Scottish Rite Bodies and received honorary 33rd degree in 1971 in Philadelphia, Ainad Shrine, past president of Dania Shrine Club, past Commander of Legion of Honor and recipient of the Citation of Honor for Distinguished Services award in 1991, Emeritus Potentate Aid, Southern Illinois Court #86 ROJ, Life Member of Mid-Pacific Chapter #10 Order of Eastern Star in Honolulu, Hawaii, past Associate Guardian of Bethal 4 Jobs Daughters in Honolulu, Hawaii, American Legion Post 2910 and O'Fallon Homecoming Association.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Daughter: Sandra Lee Skafidas
- Parents: John J. and Mollie M. nee Chesser McGinnis
- Niece: Patty McGinnis
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Shriners Hospital for Children or Southern Illinois 32 degree Masonic Learning Center.
- Wife: Marilynn nee Tweet McGinnis
- Daughter: Teri (Ray) Rohr of O'Fallon, IL
- Brother: Dr. James P. (Lyla Jean) McGinnis of Moberly, MO
- Son-in-Law: Dr. Thomas (Sylvia) Skafidas of Stone Mountain, GA
- Alan Everett Rohr of O'Fallon, IL
- Mackenzie Raymond Rohr of O'Fallon, IL
- Jennifer (David) McCall of Mesa, AZ
- Shannon Devine of Gilbert, AZ
- Great Grandchildren
- Alex, Andrew and Elizabeth McCall
- Macy, Max and Melia Devine
- Nephew: David (Marsha) Smith of Rolla, MO
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 P.M., Friday, April 17, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL. There will walk-through's by the Legion of Honor at 7:00pm followed by the Jester's at 7:13pm and then a Masonic service will be held at 7:30pm.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 10:30 am Saturday, April 18, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home Chapel, with Rev. Ron Dickinson officiating. Interment will follow at O'Fallon City Cemetery in O'Fallon, IL.