Jean Louise Lougeay, nee Snyder, 96, of Belleville, IL, born Saturday, November 23, 1912, in Belleville, IL, died Friday, January 2, 2009 in Belleville, IL.
Mrs. Lougeay received a Masters Degree from Columbia University in New York City. She was an art teacher for Belleville Township High School, McKendree College, Collinsville Public Schools, and Art Director for District #118, Belleville Public Schools. She was a member of Delta Kappa Gamma, DeMolay Mother's Club, St. Louis Art Museum and St. Louis Zoo, and volunteered for Belleville Area Humane Society.
She is preceded in death by:
She is survived by:
- Husband: Howard E. Lougeay
- Parents: Nicholas and Maude nee Miller, Snyder
- Brother: Edward Kupferle Snyder
Jean was known for her tenderness, fondness of animals, and her passion for art.
- Son: Denis (Denruth) Lougeay of Encinitas, California
- Son: James (Fredrica "Ricci") Lougeay of Belleville, Illinois
- Stace (Suzanne) Lougeay of California
- Gregg (Theresa) Lougeay of California
- Richard (Joy) Lougeay of Illinois
- Dwayne (Angie) Lougeay of Illinois
- Great Grandchildren
- Chasity (Rich) Evans
- Nicholas Lougeay
- Dannielle Lougeay
- Ashley Ferguson
- Katie Lougeay
- Brody Lougeay
- Alex Lougeay
- Step Great Grandchildren
- Tracey Epperson
- Justin Epperson
- Tony Epperson
- 2 Great-Great Grandchildren
Memorials: In Lieu of Flowers memorials may be made to the Belleville Area Humane Society or Hospice of Southern Illinois.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-6pm Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 6:00pm on Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home. Private interment will be on the Miller plot at Green Mount Protestant Cemetery, Belleville, Illinois.