Melvin C. Lasco, 92, of Belleville, IL, born Wednesday, November 22, 1916, in Belleville, Illinois, died Friday, June 12, 2009 in Belleville, IL.
Mr. Lasco worked as a Machinist for Monsanto Chemical Company. He was an Army Air Corp
Veteran in WW II where he was a turret gunner in a
B17 over Europe. He survived being shot down twice and was held as a P.O.W. after the second time. He attended St. Paul United Church of Christ in Belleville, IL. He was an avid gardener and enjoyed walking, reading, Stag beer, and family gatherings. He was a dedicated husband, father, grandfather and great grandfather.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Wife: Viola Louise Lasco
- Parents: Joseph and Bertha nee Junghaene Lasco
- Daughter: Carol Ann Lasco
- Sister: Norma M. Reuf
- Wesley Lasco
- Edward Lasco
- Kenneth Lasco
- Clyde Lasco
- Son-in-law: Thomas Julian Evitts
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Alzheimer's Association.
- Judy (Marvin) Meddows of Lebanon, IL
- Nancy (Carl) Little of Belleville, IL
- Sandy (Dave) Martinson of Belleville, IL
- Grant (Renee) Evitts of Smithton, IL
- Jason (Ann) Little of Belleville, IL
- Dr. Brad Martinson of Edwardsville, IL
- Brett Martinson of St. Louis, MO
- Great Grandchildren
- Dear Nieces & Nephews
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 P.M., Tuesday, June 16 at Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 10:30 A.M. Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Don Wagner officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory in Belleville.