Robert J. Woodworth "Dugan" Krause, 83, of Swansea, IL, born Thursday, June 3, 1926, in Collinsville, IL, died Sunday, August 23, 2009 at Saint Anthony's Medical Center in St. Louis, MO.
Mr. Krause worked as a Milk Receiver for Prairie Farms Dairy. He served in the Navy during WWII and was a member of St. Augustine of Canterbury, and a lifetime member of V.F.W. #5691 and American Legion #365 in Collinsville, IL. He loved his Cubs and he loved to ride the Harrah's bus with all his senior friends. He struggled for 83 days before he gave up the fight.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Mother: Estella, nee Martini, Koch
- Brother: Melvin Woodworth Siener
- Foster Parents: Martin and Anna Thomas
- Step-Father: Sebastian Koch
- Infant Granddaughter: Mary Kathryn Nordyke
Memorials: Memorials may be made to St. Mary/St. Augustine School.
- Wife: Mary C. "Mary K", nee Edmonds, Krause, whom he married January 9, 1947 in Collinsville, IL
- Jeanne (Harlan) Brightwell of Collinsville, IL
- Shirley Ann Bof of Pontiac, IL
- James R. (Jerri) Krause of Caseyville, IL
- Richard F. (Kim) Krause of Swansea, IL
- Robert E. (Larreen) Graham, Jr. of Collinsville, IL
- Michael J. Krause
- Rachael Toothman
- Robert C. Nordyke
- Cody Bof
- Stevie Amanda Bof
- Seth Krause
- Drake Krause
- Randy Johnson
- 6 Great-Grandchildren
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 P.M., Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 1:00 pm Thursday, August 27, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Msgr. William McGhee officiating. By Robert's request, cremation will take place after the funeral services.