Richard Knaus, 90, of Belleville, Illinois born on April 8, 1918 in East St. Louis, Illinois and a long-time resident of Belleville, Illinois died peacefully on Saturday, February 21, 2009 at St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Mr. Knaus was retired from Cardinal Construction Company. He was a veteran serving in the Army/Air Corps during World War II. He was a member of Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church and a former member of the Knights of Columbus.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Parents: William T. and Lillian M. (Link) Knaus
- His dearly loved brother Robert
- The love of his life, his wife of 63 years Hazel Hoehn Knaus.
Memorials: Memorials may be made in the form of Masses to Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church or as memorials to Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church.
- Son: Brian William Knaus of Cape Canaveral, FL
- Barbara (John) McFadden of Tucson, AZ
- Debbie (Dennis) Rabe of Mendon, IL
- One brother: Dr. William E. (Bobbie) Knaus of Belleville, IL
- Grandson: Josh Rabe of IN
- Sister-in-law: Georgia Hoehn Casey
- Loretta Casey of St. Louis, MO
- Carol Lee Eckert of Belleville, IL
- Pat (Ken) Cange of St. Louis, MO
- Mary Ellen (Chris) Raming of Belleville, IL
- Teri Plasnik of Belleville, IL
- Plus grand and great-grand nieces and nephews
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8pm on Tuesday February 24, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral procession will leave Kurrus Funeral Home at 10:45am on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 for a 11:00am Mass of Christian Burial at Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church with Fr. Jack McEvilly officiating. Burial will follow at Mt. Carmel Cemetery in Belleville, IL