Byron Lee Kettler, 80, of Troy, IL, born Monday, March 18, 1929, in East St. Louis, IL, died Sunday, September 20, 2009 at his residence.
Mr. Kettler worked as a Clerk for Illinois Central Railroad. He served in the Navy during WWII and was a member of Gothic Lodge #852 AF & AM, Scottish Rite Bodies, Ainad Shrine Patrol, and American Legion Post 708 of Troy, IL.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Parents: Elmer Kettler and Nellie, nee Eaves, Fields
- Grand-Daughter: Angela C. Lewis
- Carl Kettler
- Bernard Kettler
- Betty Lou Kettler
- Lenora A. Broom
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Shriners Hospital for Children.
- Wife: Beulah, nee Higgerson, Kettler
- Linda Lee Johnson
- Mae Dell (Mike) Trione Klemme of Clearwater, FL
- Roberta (David) Allsup of Troy, IL
- Seven Grandchildren
- Fourteen Great-Grandchildren
- Brother-in-Law: Lawrence "Bud" (Diana) Higgerson of Troy, IL
- Dear Nieces and Nephews
Visitation: Friends may call from 5-8 P.M., Wednesday, September 23 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Graveside services will be held at 1:00 pm Thursday, September 24, 2009 at Cottom Cemetery in Denmark, IL. Interment will follow at Cottom Cemetery.