Richard Jones, 79, of Belleville, IL, born Friday, June 7, 1929, in St. Louis, MO, died Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Mr. Jones was a retired mechanic for Big River Zinc Company. He was a member of Union United Methodist Church in Belleville, IL and was a volunteer for Beacon of Belleville and Meals on Wheels.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Son: David Jones
- Son: Timothy Jones
- Parents: George and Thelma nee Murray League
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Union United Methodist Church Building Fund or Beacon of Belleville.
- Wife: Jean nee Patterson Jones
- Cyndy (Charles) Griffin of St. Louis, MO
- Melissa Witt-Smith of O'Fallon, IL
- Valorie (David) Toberman of Belleville, IL
- Howard (Joyce) Young of Belleville, IL
- Mona (Steve) Bishop of Swansea, IL
- 10 Grandchildren
- Josh (Courtney) Witt
- Jeremy (Betsy) Witt
- Lauren Smith
- Dustin (Michelle) Toberman
- Daniel (Amie) Toberman
- Scott Bishop
- Lindsay Bishop
- Bradley Bishop
- Mark (Hannah) Young
- Kelly Young
- 4 Great Grandchildren
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 P.M., Friday, January 16, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 1:00 pm Saturday, January 17, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home Chapel with Rev. Ed Weston officiating. There will be a private family interment.