Elmer A. Horvath, 89, of Belleville, IL, born Monday, February 9, 1920, in East St. Louis, IL, died Wednesday, August 19, 2009 at his home.
Elmer was a WWII veteran, serving in the US Army Artillery Corps. He was a member of Carpenters Local #169 for over 60 years, retiring from the trade in 1991. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, gardening and woodworking, but his greatest joy over the last 13 years was spending time with his dog, Cookie.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Wife: Evelyn M., nee Mueller, Horvath
- Parents: Alex and Esther, nee Doborsky, Horvath
- Special Aunts and Uncles
- Vera and James Mason
- Theresa and John Dudik
We would like to extend a special thank you to Family Hospice for all the loving care they gave dad and us the past three weeks.
- Son: Roger (Deb) Horvath of Swansea, IL
- Grandson: Brian (Teresa) Horvath of Millstadt, IL
- Granddaughter: Tori (Jeff) Forness of Swansea, IL
- Great-Granddaughter: Madylin Horvath of Millstadt, IL
- Bernice Mussulman of Swansea, IL
- Ramona (Les) Beaumont of Swansea, IL
- Cousin: John (Lois) Dudik of Billings, MT
- Three Nieces and Extended Family
Memorials: Memorial may be made to Family Hospice or Belleville Humane Society.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 P.M., Sunday, August 23, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 11:00 am Monday, August 24, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Larry Patton officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, IL.