Russell E. "Russ" Hodge, 59, of New Memphis, IL, born Friday, August 19, 1949, in East St Louis, IL, died Wednesday, February 11, 2009 at Saint Elizabeth Hospital in Belleville, IL. He is safely home with Jesus.
Mr. Hodge worked as a Driver for Helping Hands .He was a member of First Baptist Church in O'Fallon, IL and a U.S. Navy Vietnam veteran.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Parents: Durward D. & Martha E. nee Harris Hodge
- Brother: Rev. Larry Hodge
"Pa Paw" will be greatly missed by his 10 Great Grandchildren, Braden, Daniel, Carter, Marc, Jason, Dylan, Emily, Taylor, Jacob, and Brianna. You will always be in our hearts.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 P.M., Friday, February 13, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL
- Wife: Karlene Hodge
- Daughter, Terri (Brian) Rumler of New Baden, IL
- Son, Gene A. (Shari) Campbell of Troy, IL
- Sister: Judith A. (Robert) Kerico of Smithton, IL
- Melissa Schuetz
- Amanda (Dan) Ganey
- Brian J. (Joanna) Rumler
- Stacy Campbell
- Gene Campbell Jr.
- Sister-in-law: Loudene Hodge of Sugar Grove, IL
- Nieces & Nephews
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 11:00 am Saturday, February 14, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home Chapel with Pastor Doug Munton officiating. Interment will follow at Mount Hope Cemetery, Belleville, IL