Carl Hipkiss, 87, of Belleville, IL, born Saturday, July 22, 1922, in Scottdale, PA, died Monday, December 28, 2009 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville.
Mr. Hipkiss worked as an Operating Engineer and built houses in the area. He was a charter member of Peace Lutheran Church. He was a World War II Army Air Corps veteran, having served in the Air Transport Command in the China Burma India theatre, where he was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Parents: William L. and Florence, nee Johnson, Hipkiss
- Brother: William Hipkiss
- Sylvia Mattau
- Elaine Nicholls
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Peace Lutheran Church.
- Wife: Betty Mae, nee Sutton, Hipkiss
- David C. (Sharon) Hipkiss of Belleville, IL
- Cynthia K. (Tim) Hammond of Swansea, IL
- James M. (Annette) Hipkiss of Belleville, IL
- Brian Hipkiss of Belleville, IL
- Christine (Ed) Ottinger of St. Louis, MO
- Melissa (Justin) Lang of St. Louis, MO
- Michelle (Paul) Loza of St. Louis, MO
- Lisa, Stephen and Jennifer Hipkiss of Belleville, IL
- Nieces, Nephews and Cousins
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 P.M., Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL and from 10-11 A.M., Thursday, December 31, 2009 at Peace Lutheran Church, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 11:00 am Thursday, December 31, 2009 at Peace Lutheran Church, with Rev. Bill Pierce officiating. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, IL.