Barbara L. Hicks, nee Duke, 70, of Swansea, Ill, born Wednesday, February 1, 1939, in Murphysboro, Ill, died Thursday, June 4, 2009 in St. Elizabeth Hospital, Belleville, Ill.
Mrs. Hicks was self-employed as a caregiver. She was a member of Faith Family Church, the Omega Group, and Servants Who Accomplish Tasks.
She is preceded in death by:
She is survived by:
- Husband: Kenneth Hicks
- Parents: Amos and Thelma M. Nee Phillips Duke
- Wanda Cummings
- Virginia Belleville
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Susan G. Koman Breast Cancer Foundation
- Donna (Larry) Jones of Clinton, KY
- Rhonda (Joseph) Reed of Caseyville, IL
- Barb (Peter Sr.) Hoffman of Collinsville, IL
- Robert (Melissa) French of Swansea, IL
- Sondra (Johnny Sr.) Scott of Collinsville, IL
- Linda (Dave) Richter of Belleville, IL
- Stephen Hicks of Caseyville, IL
- Roger (Sandy) Hicks of Belleville, IL
- Franklin (Elizabeth) Duke of Diamond City, AR
- Cletus (Dee) Duke of Belleville, IL
- 6 Grandchildren
- 3 Great Grandchildren
- Best Friend: Carol Davis
- Numerous Family and Friends
Visitation: Visitation: Friends may call from 11 am - 2:30 pm, Monday, June 8, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, Ill.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 2:30 pm Monday, June 8, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Pastor John Temple officiating. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, Ill.