Clarence J. Georg, 88, of New Athens, IL, born Friday, July 2, 1920, in Prairie Dulong Township, IL, died Thursday, February 12, 2009 at Saint Elizabeth Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Mr. Georg was a farmer for over 50 years. He was a member of St. Paul's United Church of Christ in Belleville, IL, Freeburg Lodge 418 AF & AM, Scottish Rite - Bodies, Ainad Temple, former member of High 12 and Drum Corp, Freeburg High School Board for 9 years and Farm Bureau.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Daughter: Patricia Buckrod
- Parents: Walter P. and Katherine nee Kuhn Georg
- Brother: Willard Georg
- Sister: Emily Cassidy
- Sister: Loretta Fischer
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Shriners Hospital for Children or St. Paul's United Church of Christ.
- Wife of 63 years: Edna K. nee Schuff Georg
- Son-in-Law: Gary Buckrod of Belleville, IL
- Cheryl Buckrod of Belleville, IL
- Ronald Buckrod of Belleville, IL
- Kimberly (Ryan) Castello of Waterloo, IL
- Great Grandson: Cole Castello
- Sister-in-law: Lucille Georg
- Many Loving Nieces & Nephews
Visitation: Friends may call from 1:30 to 2:30pm on Monday, February 23, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Memorial service will be held at 2:30pm on Monday, February 23, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL. with Rev. Herbert Schafale officiating. By his request his body was donated to Washington University School of Medicine.