Wandaleen Mary "Wanda" Geller, nee Lewis, 87, of Belleville, IL, born Friday, November 10, 1922, in Jonesboro, AR, died Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville.
Mrs. Geller worked as an aide for former U.S. Senator Alan J. Dixon. She was a member of Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church and Junior Service Club. She was a volunteer at the Violence Prevention Center Shelter Shop, Belleville Memorial Hospital gift shop and Cahokia Mounds.
She is preceded in death by:
She is survived by:
- Parents: Albert E. and Ethel Irene, nee Morris, Lewis
- Son: Charles G. Geller
- Brother: Don Lewis
Memorials: In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to the Violence Prevention Center, Hospice of Southern Illinois, and American Parkinson Disease Assoc.
- Husband: Raymond Geller
- Jan V. Fiss of Belleville, IL
- Beau (Dave) Carstensen of Hinsdale, IL
- Raymond P. Geller of Belleville, IL
- Zachary Carstensen of Sacramento, CA
- Caroline Carstensen of Chicago, IL
- J.V. Fiss of Belleville, IL
- Matthew Fiss of Belleville, IL
Visitation: Friends may call from 9:00 to 10:00 am on Monday, November 23, 2009 at Blessed Sacrement Catholic Church, Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Memorial Mass will be held at 10:00 am on Monday, November 23, 2009 at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church with Father Matthew Ellie officiating. Private family buurial will be held at Mt. Carmel Cemetery, Belleville, IL