Dorothy E. "Dottie" Ferrick, nee, Hamilton, 91, of O'Fallon, IL, born Friday, May 17, 1918, in E. St. Louis, Illinois, died peacefully in the loving arms of Sandra and Susan on Sunday, September 13, 2009, at Oak Hill Nursing Home in Waterloo. She was promoted to the head cook in God's kitchen.
Mrs. Ferrick was the retired owner of Dottie's Diner in E. St. Louis, IL.
She is preceded in death by:
She is survived by:
- 1st husband: Earl Kreisler
- Husband: John Ferrick
- Father: Henry Hamilton
- Mother: Nellie nee Embry Clouse
- Robert Hamilton
- Edwin "Boots" Clouse
- Catherine Clouse
- Jean Beasley
- Charlene Farley
- Sister-in-law: Pat Clouse
- Earlene (Jamie) Howard of Martinsville, IN
- Susan Price of Caseyville, IL
- Sandra Sauget of Waterloo, IL
- Lawrence Hamilton of Humble,TX
- James Clouse of St. Louis, MO
- Margie McCauley of Humble, TX
- Diane Brayfield of St. Louis, MO
- Sister-in-law: Edith Hamilton of St. Louis, MO
- Helen Varady of Hayward, CA
- Barbara Parsons of Swansea, IL
- 9 Grandchildren
- 10 Great Grandchildren
- 1 Great Great Grandson
- Dear Nieces and Nephews
Special thanks to Diane, Dawn, April, Christine and the entire staff at Oak Hill Nursing Home.
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Shriners Hospital for Children or Oak Hill Nursing Home in Waterloo, IL
Visitation: Friends may call from 4 to 8pm on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 10:00am Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home. Interment will follow at Mount Hope Cemetery, Belleville, IL.