Carole Jean "CJ" Butler, 68, of Belleville, IL, born Thursday, December 19, 1940, in East St. Louis, IL, died Monday, August 3, 2009 at her residence.
Miss Butler was a retired civil services salesperson for U.S. Army Aviation Systems Command for 38 years and a retired receptionist for Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL. She was a member of St. Paul's United Church of Christ in Belleville, IL, past president of Gamma Chi chapter of Delta Theta Tau, past president of Women's Club of Belleville, life member of Memorial Hospital Auxiliary, past president of Beta Alumnae and treasurer of Signal Hill Neighborhood Association.
She is preceded in death by:
She is survived by:
- Parents: Benjamin L. and Gertrude nee Schacher Butler
- Step-mother: Gertrude nee Donne Butler
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the American Cancer Society and Hospice of Southern Illinois.
- First Cousin: Robert (Clara) Schachner of O'Fallon, IL
- Second Cousins
- Donna (Edward) Kloustermeyer of O'Fallon, IL
- Cheryl (Mike) Mennerick of O'Fallon, IL
- Barbara (Jim) Haider of O'Fallon, IL
- Other loving Cousins and Many Wonderful Friends
- Beloved Dachshund Sophie
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 P.M., Friday, August 7, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 10:00 am Saturday, August 8, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home Chapel with Rev. Wlter Gerth officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, IL