Evelyn L. Browne, nee Younghouse, 90, of Belleville, IL, born Thursday, October 17, 1918, in East St. Louis, IL, died Tuesday, June 9, 2009 at Saint Pauls Home in Belleville, IL.
Mrs. Browne was a member of St. Paul United Church of Christ in Belleville, IL, St. Clair County YWCA, Parenting for Success Organization, former member of Immanuel United Church of Christ where she was a member of Church Women United, Women's Guild and Senior and Friends of Church.
She is preceded in death by:
She is survived by:
- Husband: Carl E. Browne
- Parents: Edwin and Alma nee Dieterle Younghouse
- Brother: Edwin Younghouse
- Niece: Suzanne Crocker
- Nephew: Richard Younghouse
The family would like to give a special thank you to the staff at St. Paul's Home for their kindness.
- Sister: Marjorie Fricke of Belleville, IL
- Nieces & Nephews
- Linda Fricke (Partner John Prindable) of Lake St. Louis, MO
- Kenneth (Carol) Fricke of O'Fallon, IL
- Larry (Mary) Younghouse, NJ
- Paul Younghouse, NJ
- Carol (Jeff) Berns, NJ
- Tom Crocker of Leesburg, MO
- Sister-in-law: Helen Younghouse, NJ
- Great Nieces & Nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the St. Paul United Church of Christ or Hospice of Southern Illinois.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 P.M., Friday, June 12, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 1:30 pm Saturday, June 13, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Herbert Schafale, officiating. Interment will follow at Mount Hope Cemetery, Belleville, IL.