Pete Brooks, 75, of Smithton, IL, born Friday, October 20, 1933, in Troutdale, VA, died Saturday, January 24, 2009 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Mr. Brooks was a retired Senior Master Sergeant for United States Air Force from 1953 to 1974 and was a Vietnam war veteran. After retiring from the military he owned and operated Brooks Service Company. He also taught Air Conditioning and Heating Classes at SWIC. He attended the Holy Shoghagat Armenian Church, and was a members of the Madison Lodge #005 AF and AM, Madison, WI, Scottish Rite Bodies of Fairbanks, Alaska, NIle Shrine-Mount Lake Terrace, WA, American Legion Post 58 and VFW Post 14000.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Parents: Glen T. and Gladys nee Anderson Brooks
- Brother: Earl Brooks
Memorials: Memorials may be given to Disabled Veterans of America.
- Wife: Melody M. Maksudian-Brooks
- Cindy (Lynn) McMillin of Kings Mountain, NC
- Chief Master Sergeant Carl S. Brooks of Arlington, VA
- Carla (David R.) S. Engelmeyer of Las Vegas, NV
- Cherie L. (Jim) England of Collinsville, IL
- Garland Brooks of Chilhowie, VA
- Blaine (Carolyn) Brooks of Sugar Grove, VA
- Jackie (Joyce) Brooks of Toutdale, VA
- David (Ruby) Brooks of Chilhowie, VA
- Rex (Kay) Brooks of Sugar Grove, VA
- Pearl (J.C.) Lane of Troutdale, VA
- Virginia McClanahan of Marion, VA
- 10 Grandchildren
- 6 Great Grandchildren
- Beloved Nieces and Nephews
Visitation: Friends may call from 9-10 am Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 10:00am Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home Chapel with Father Abraham Ohanessian officiating. Interment will follow at Mount Carmel Cemetery, Belleville, IL