Stanley R. Bolinger, 53, of Damiansville, IL, born Thursday, August 23, 1956, in Lansing, MI., died Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at his residence.
Stan worked for General Motors in Lansing, MI for 27 1/2 years, then transfered to General Motors in Wentzville, MO and worked for 2 1/2 years. He retired with 30 years in December 2006.
Through the years, he taught Sunday School, Bible Studies and was a dynamic song and worship leader. He was an inspiration to everyone who knew him. He was a member of New Life Apostolic Church in Belleville.Stan had a passion for God, for his family and for life. He was a devoted husband, father and grandfather. He liked hunting, fishing and traveling the backroads.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Sister: Janice Claire Bolinger
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the New Life Apostolic Church, Belleville.
- Wife: Kathryn M. nee Sailor whom he married on July 25, 1975, in Lansing, MI
- Rachel (Danny) Arruda of Belleville, IL
- Rebecca (Stephen) Downen of Ellettsville, IN
- Parents: Kenneth and Jewel, nee Miller, Bolinger of Swansea, IL
- Rachelle Arruda
- Jewelle Arruda
- Isabelle Arruda
- Aaron Downen
- Jacob Downen
- Logan Stanley Downen to be born in March 2010
- Charles (Judy) Bolinger of Lansing, MI
- Steve (Sally) Bolinger of Durrand, MI
- Robert (Carol) Bolinger of Alton, IL
- Neil (Nell) Bolinger of Noblesville, IN
- Bruce (Fredia) Bolinger of Morrow, OH
- Keith (Karen) Bolinger of Swartz Creek, MI
- Kenneth (Tanya) Bolinger of Nashville, TN
- Duane (Nancy) Bolinger of Johnston, IA
- Ruth (Larry) Blake of Fairview Heights, IL
- Rebecca (Steve) Sullivan of Belleville, IL
Visitation: Friends may call from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m on Friday, November 6, 2009 at Christ the King Apostolic Church 6920 Old Collinsville Rd., O'Fallon, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, November 7, 2009 at Christ the King Apostolic Church, with Rev. Danny Arruda officiating. Interment will follow at East Lawn Cemetery, Salem, IL.