Franklin D."Jr" Barnett Jr.29, of Scott Air Force Base, IL, born Tues., January 8, 1980, in Covington, KY, died Sun., June 7, 2009 in Fort Sam Houston, TX.
SGT Barnett Jr. was assigned to the 927th Engineer Company (Sapper) of Baton Rouge, LA. His Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) was 21B (Combat Engineer). He was a Soldier in the Army National Guard but to his family and friends he was a talented juggler and mime; he loved making people laugh. He was also a loving husband, father, uncle, brother and son. During his time of service he was the recepient of the Purple Heart, The Afghanistan Campaign Medal w/ Bronze Service Star, along with other distinguished medals. SGT Barnett joined the military in order to take care of his family and for the love of it. He took great pride while serving in the U.S Army National Guard and during his tour in Afghanistan. During his tour in Afghanistan SGT Barnett survived a blast and pulled his Lieutenant to safety, despite his own injuries.
He was a member of New Destiny Church in Belleville, IL.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Mother: Barbara Alice nee Schoen Burton
- Grandmother: Patricia Mattingly
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the The Barnett Family.
- Wife: Diane Barnett of SAFB
- William D. Barnett age 2
- Noah I.C. Barnett age 10 months
- Dylan M. Barnett age 8
- Father: Franklin D (Daisy) Barnett Sr, Deville, LA
- Brother: Melvin Eiskant of Deville, LA
- Sister: Jeanette (Gary Walthes) Barnett of Belleville, IL
- Grandmother: Mildred Barnett
- Grandfather: Melvin Schoen
- Father and Mother in law: Joseph and Sherry Sanders of Washington, UT
- Loved by Pastors Tim (Kim) Rankins, from New Destiny Church, Belleville, IL
- Childhood Friend: Mandy Malone
- Close Friends: Rob & Stacy Tackett
- Ethan Dunn age 9
- Dominic Walthes age 5
- Florence (Greg) Baker
- Mary (Roger) Walker
- Joy (John) Burton
- Charlene Cannon
- Dear Nieces, Nephews, Cousins and Friends
Visitation: Friends may call from 2-7 pm Sunday, June 14, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 11:00 am Monday, June 15, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home. Interment will follow at Green Mount Catholic Cemetery, Belleville, IL