Robert "Bob" Avery, 89, formerly of Fairview Heights, IL, born Monday, March 22, 1920, in Waverly, MO, passed away Sunday, October 11, 2009 in Bradenton, FL.
Mr. Avery was a retired foreman after 35 years at Monsanto Chemical Company, Sauget, IL. He was a U.S. WWII Army veteran.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Parents: Frank and Clara nee McGee Avery
- Sister: Helen Caldwell
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Tidewell Hospice.
- Wife of 69 years: LaVerne nee Brawley Avery of Bradenton, FL
- Carolyn Avery Tempel of Henderson, NV
- Judith (Larry) Adams of Henderson, NV
- Sister: Mary (Clint) Young of Falls Church VA
- Holly Tempel of Henderson, NV
- Jeffrey Tempel of Henderson, NV
- Laura (Steve) McCullen of Durham, NC
- Kyle Adams of Henderson, NV
- 4 Great Grandchildren
- Many Nieces and Nephews
Visitation: Friends may call from 3 to 6pm Sunday, October 18, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 1:00pm Monday, October 19, 2009 at the graveside at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, with Rev. Wilson Wickiser officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, IL.