Marion Leon "Buck" Tate, 80, of Belleville, IL, born Wednesday, January 25, 1928, in E. St. Louis, IL, died Sunday, October 26, 2008 at Memorial Hospital.
Mr. Tate worked as a PBX Installer for AT&T. He was a member of St. Henry's Catholic Church and a Korean War Army Veteran. He enjoyed traveling to Hawaii, Bahamas and Florida. He loved gardening and feeding the birds and his Pet Poodle Lulu.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Parents: Aulcie M. & Della Mae nee Durham Tate.
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the American Cancer Society
- Wife of 54 years: Betty Jean nee Blaha Tate
- Jeff Tate of Belleville, IL
- Nancy Tate of Belleville, IL
- Barton Tate of Belleville, IL
- Farley Tate of Belleville, IL
- Gregory (Marilyn) Tate of St. Charles, MO
- Julie Tate of Belleville, IL
- Ashleigh Tate
- Heather Tate
- Greg Tate
- Holly Tate
- Sister: Inez Titter of Millstadt, IL,
- Brother-in-law: Robert (Lee) Blaha of Okeechobee,FL
- Nephew: David Titter
- Dear Uncle and Cousins
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 P.M., Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral procession will leave at 9:30am Wednesday, October 29, 2008 for a 9:45am Mass of Christian burial at St. Henry's Catholic Church. Interment will follow at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, MO.