Donald A. Rockwell, 87, of Belleville, IL, born Saturday, January 15, 1921, in Ellis Grove, IL, died Saturday, September 27, 2008 at Memorial Hospital, Belleville, IL.
Mr. Rockwell worked for KMOV TV where he retired after thirty five years as an engineer. He was one of the original ten engineers to sign on the air WTVI in Belleville, which later became KTVI, St. Louis. Fifty year member of IBEW Local #4, St. Louis, Mo. Graduated from the Television Institute of Technology in Chicago, IL.
He was a member of St. Matthew United Methodist Church, Belleville, IL where he was active in the television ministry. World War II Army Veteran where he was a member of the Battery "A" 295 AAA Searchlight Battalion
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Parents: Arthur and Katie nee McDonald Rockwell
- Elsie Petrowske
- Marie McIntyre
- Marjorie Nitzsche
- Florence Orr
- Brother: Clarence Rockwell.
He was a loving husband, father, grandfather, and uncle who lead by example.
- Wife: Elizabeth G. nee George Rockwell whom he married on December 7, 1957 at Demaree Methodist Church in Centralia, IL
- Jane (James) Nold of Waterloo, IL
- Donald (Melissa) Rockwell II of Belleville, IL
- Michael Nold
- Allyson Nold
- DJ Rockwell
- Kirsten Nold
- Rebecca Rockwell
- Nieces and Nephews including:
- Debbie Rockwell and son Nick
- Larry (Debbie) Petrowske and son Patrick
- Ruthie (Eddie) Anglin and children Adam and Hailee all of Belleville, IL
Memorials: May be made to the Video Department at St. Matthew United Methodist Church.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8pm on Monday, September 29, 2008 at Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL and 2-4pm on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at St. Matthew United Methodist Church, Belleville, IL
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 4:00pm Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at St. Matthew United Methodist Church, with Rev. James Slone officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, IL.