Evelyn Parkinson, nee Purdue, 98, of Belleville, IL, born Thursday, March 24, 1910, in Marion County, IL, died Sunday, November 16, 2008 at Rosewood Care Center in Swansea, IL.
Mrs. Parkinson was a member of Westview Baptist Church for 60 years and The Retired Teachers Association of Illinois. She taught in Elementary Schools in Illinois for 26 years.
She is preceded in death by:
Surviving is a loving and caring:
- Husband: Lawrence Paul Parkinson whom she married on March 16, 1935.
- Parents: Arthur and Eva nee Wilkins Purdue
- Sisters: Treva (Herbert) Leuty and Bessie Purdue
- Nephew: Loren A. Leuty
- Daughter: Dianne (Jim) Rugh of Jamestown, RI
- Tom (Gerlinda) Clark of Westford, MA
- Larry (Barbara) Clark of San Diego, CA
- Michael (Vickie) Clark of Charleston, IL
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Westview Baptist Church.
- Niece: Wanda Leuty of Belleville, IL
- Dear Friend: Louella Sarmiento of Belleville, IL
Visitation: Friends may call from 10:30 - 11:30 am Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at the Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 11:30 am Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at Kurrus Funeral Home Chapel with Rev Jim Robinson of Meadow Heights Baptist Church officiating. Interment will follow at Green Mount Protestant Cemetery in Belleville, IL