Una Godt-Palaich, nee Paisley, 91, of Belleville, IL, formerly of Millstadt, IL, born October 21, 1916, in Rexburg, ID, died Friday, Sept. 12, 2008 in St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Mrs. Palaich retired as a secretary after 28 years at Central Junior High School, District #118. She was a member of Concordia United Church of Christ, Millstadt, IL , Charter Life Member of the Memorial Hospital Auxiliary; Life Member of the Daughters of Naomi; Volunteered at St. Pauls Nursing Home, Reading for the Blind at R.I.S. Radio Station at the Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows; Active Member at the Senior Citizens Center in Millstadt, IL; Charter Member of the Belleville Chapter of American Business Women of America; Member of the Womens Club of Belleville, IL, Historical Society of Belleville, IL, Sister Cities Chapter of Millstadt, IL, Over 50-Club of St. James in Millstadt, IL
She is preceded in death by:
She is survived by:
- First Husband - Paul O. Godt, Sr.
- Second husband - Steve Palaich
- Son - Jay L. Godt
- Parents - Lewis and Mamie E. nee Quiler Paisley
- Brothers- Mort, Earl, Donald, Dean, Jack, and Blake Paisley
- Sisters - Irene McMichael, and Wyona Rautman
- Son - Paul O. (Sara) Godt, Jr. of Coulterville, IL
- Sister - Joy Leonard of Salisbury, NC
- Paula (Brad) Scharf
- Jay (Karen) Godt
- Bradley, Lauren, Kyle, and Logan Scharf
- Brandon and Morgan Godt
- Sister-in-laws - Lucille Paisley and Sandy Paisley
Memorials may be made to the Concordia United Church of Christ
Visitation: Friends may call from 9:30 A.M.- 1:00 P.M., Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 1:00 P.M. Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Pastor David Krueger officiating. Interment will follow at Mount Hope Cemetery, Belleville, IL