Eileen D. Herzog, nee Hamlin ,81, of Swansea, IL, born Monday, February 7, 1927, in East St. Louis, IL, died September 5, 2008 at her residence after a courageous battle with cancer.
Mrs. Herzog was a dedicated wife, mother and homemaker. She was a member of Towerview Baptist Church.
She is preceded in death by:
She is survived by:
- Her husband, Lewis Herzog, who passed away February 11, 2005
- Parents, Clarence and Hazel nee Williamson Hamlin
- Brother and sister-in-law Richard and Vivian Hamlin
- Son - Ronald (Melissa) Herzog of Belleville, IL
- Daughter - Linda (Larry) Uchtman of Palm Harbor, FL
- Son - Kenneth (Vanessa) Herzog, Sr of Swansea, IL
- Son - Richard (Sandra) Herzog of Belleville, IL
- Kristie (Brent) Devers
- Michael (Cheryl) Weideranders
- Jeremy Herzog
- Lynn (Steve) Brooks
- Kenneth Herzog, Jr.
- Andrea Ainsworth
- Alyssa Devers
- Megan Devers
- Raymond Brooks
- Matthew Devers
We said a prayer for you
to thank the Lord above
For blessing us with a lifetime
of your tenderhearted love.
We thanked God for the caring
You've shown us through the years,
For the closeness we've enjoyed
in time of laughter and of tears.
And so, we thank you from the heart
For all you've done for us
and we bless the Lord for giving us
The best mother there could be.
The family would like to thank all the staff of Hospice of Southern Illinois for the excellent care and support of our mother and family.
Memorials: In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Hospice of Southern Illinois or Towerview Baptist Church
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-7 pm on Sunday, Sept 7, 2008 at Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 11:00 am on Monday, Sept 8, 2008 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev Bill Ellsworth officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, Illinois.