Barbara J. Gutreuter, nee Behrmann, 58, of Smithton, IL, born Tuesday, July 4, 1950, in St Louis, MO, died Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at Saint Elizabeth Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Mrs. Gutreuter graduated from St. John's Hospital School of Nursing in Springfield, IL. She worked as a Registered Nurse for Gregory & Musick Dermatology and previously worked at Memorial Hospital and St. Elizabeth Hospital both in Belleville, IL. She was a member of St. John's Catholic Church, Smithton, IL.
She is preceded in death by:
She is survived by:
- Parents: Ralph C. & Virginia M. nee Reeb Behrmann
- Brother-in-law: Steve Rickert
- Niece: Amanda Behrmann
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital or American Heart Association.
- Husband: Edward Gutreuter
- Daughter: Amy M. (David) Toenjes of Belleville, IL
- Son: Paul (Sherry) Wuller of Swansea, IL
- Step Children
- Bruce Gutreuter of Fairview Heights, IL
- Wendy (Glenn) Conner of Nashville, TN
- Tammy (David) Walpole of Scott Air Force Base, IL
- Celia Toenjes
- Christian Walpole
- Elijah Walpole
- Hannah Walpole
- Abigail Conner
- Caeser Gutreuter
- Alex Toenjes
- Adam Toenjes
- Brother: Jerry (Gloria) Behrmann of Millstadt, IL
- Brother: Eugene (Sandra) Behrmann of Belleville, IL
- Sister: Joan Rickert of New Athens, IL
- Many loving Nieces and Nephews
Visitation: Friends may call from 3-8 pm., Friday, November 21, 2008 at the Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL and from 9-10 am Saturday, November 22, 2008 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Belleville, IL
Funeral: There will be a Mass of Christian Burial held at 10:00 am Saturday, November 22, 2008 at St Mary's Catholic Church with Rev. Kenneth York & Msgr William McGhee officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory in Belleville, IL.