Dolores "Dee" Marie Fortner-Houston, nee Groe, 83, of Collinsville, IL, born Thursday, October 29, 1925, in Detroit, Michigan, died Tuesday, December 23, 2008 at Anderson Hospital in Maryville, IL.
Mrs. Fortner worked over 45 years as a medical secretary and retired from Parkcrest Surgical in St. Louis, MO with over 20 years of service. She was formerly a member of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Centreville, IL. and Holy Rosary Catholic Church in Fairmont City, IL.
She is preceded in death by:
She is survived by:
- Parents: George and Martha nee Garrison Groe
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Belleville Humane Society or St. Jude's Children Hospital.
- Husband: Jack Houston
- Daughter: Brenda Buckman of Maryville, IL
- Daughter: Rhonda Miller of Orange City, FL
- Step Children
- Susanne Huebner of Waterloo, IL
- Michelle (Al) Goodman of Waterloo, IL
- Jack (Janet) Houston of Waterloo, IL
- Samuel (Gina) Houston of Red Bud, IL
- Lisa May of Waterloo, IL
- Numourous Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 P.M., Friday, December 26, 2008 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: A funeral procession will leave from Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL at 9:45 am Saturday, December 27, 2008 for a 10:00 am mass of Christian Burial at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church in Belleville, IL with Father Clyde Grogan officiating. Interment will follow at Immaculate Conception Cemetery, Centreville, IL.