W. Harold Cross, 93, of Saint Charles, MO, formerly of Belleville, IL, born Saturday, March 6, 1915, in E. St Louis, IL, died Monday, December 8, 2008 in Parkside Meadows Nursing Home in Saint Charles, MO.
Mr. Cross was retired salesman for Haase Olive Company, Noonan Food Brokers & Symonds Dutch Hollow Village. He was a member of First United Methodist Church in St Charles, MO, formerly of Signal Hill United Methodist Church in Belleville, IL, Methodist Men's Club, Gothic Lodge # 852 AF & AM & Scottish Rite Bodies.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Parents: George W. and Cora nee Jones Cross
- Brother: Fred Cross
- Sister: Fae Tyler
- 2 infant siblings
- Brother-in-law: William B. Symonds
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society-Gateway Area Chapter or Shriners Hospital for Children.
- Wife of 71 years: Marthagene K. nee Kuehn Cross
- Janet A. (Odell) McCollough of Kirkwood, MO
- Betty J. (Jerry) Knapp of St.Charles, MO
- Dr. Teresa (Dr. Barry Eisenberg) McCollough
- Nancy Knapp
- Dianna (Scott) Skief
- Kevin (Melanie) Knapp
- Rev. Carl (Melissa) Knapp
- Great Grandchildren
- Emma Rose Eisenberg
- Conner Knapp
- Mary Elizabeth Knapp
- Cameron Knapp
- Evan Knapp
- Abbey Skief
- Sister-in-law: Roberta Symonds of Belleville, IL
- Nephew: G. Robert (Joan) Tyler of Belleville, IL
- Niece: Barbara Johns of CA
- Many other nieces and nephews
Visitation: Friends may call from 9-11 A.M., Friday, December 12, 2008 at the Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 11:00 am Friday, December 12, 2008 at Kurrus Funeral Home Chapel with Rev. Carl Knapp officiating. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, IL